Monday, June 3, 2013

It's Been too Long!

I decided that it has been far too long since my last post. I need to find time at least once a week, to sit down in front of the computer and just say what has been going on.  Yea, like I'm going to remember that one!

Anyway, I have been busy working on projects, and I am able to show you the completed item I have made for a CQ friend of mine.

Some of you have already seen it, but maybe there are those that have not, so, here it is.


A Thread and Ribbon Roll for my CQ Friend's fancy threads and all that silk ribbon.

This is the outside of the Roll. I used two cotton fabrics with the lovely pink designs, and accented them with blue and gray solid satins. The pink is a nice crape.

I hand stitched and beaded the dragonfly and seams. The lovely flower Motif, is something I got from NickiLee at https://www.etsy.com/shop/RavioleeDreams her hand dyed laces are beautiful and I love every piece and it has become hard to use them for something that is going to leave me. LOL!

This pattern is from a class I took on StitchMap and I modified it by adding the entire Silk Ribbon side.  If you want this pattern, I suggest that you take the Beginner's Crazy Quilt Class. You will finish the course with not only the completed Thread Roll, but also a Needle book and a pincushion. Not to shabby for Free. LOL!
 

 
 
After you unroll the thread/ribbon roll, it looks like this on the inside. I did an inside cover, so that the beads and stitching would not snag on the threads.
 
 
 
 
 
This is the thread side of the Inside portion of the Roll. I used small plastic rings that I purchased at Joann's.  I used some of my own thread to show how it all works.

 
 
 

 Ok, this is the portion that I added to the original pattern. I had some Keychain rings and thought they would be great to hold the ribbon. I left the tag on the ribbon because, when I get to a point where I have to buy new, I want to know what to order. My memory is not good enough to remember all the colors and where I purchased the ribbon.

 
 
 
 
All right! Now that you have see the Roll, this is what it looks like when you get ready to go to that next retreat. Threads and Ribbons all rolled up and ready to travel.


1 comment: