Friday, November 8, 2013

Gayle's Block

I have received Gayle's block for the Lace and Pearls Round Robin (RR). Although I have enjoyed each of the ladies' blocks, I must admit that I was looking forward to getting this set of blocks.  Why?

Well, they are in my colors. I'm not into Red and Green for Christmas, I'm a blue ice, white snowflakes and Crystal and Silver individual. It just screams Winter!  Besides that, my eyes are blue and that color has always made me look good. Need I say more?

While working on the block, I used one of my favorite seam treatments. Velvet Ric Rac, decorated with silk or metallic threads and beads. I always work it differently for each project, but it always looks rich with detail and is a striking treatment.



I carry this Ric Rac in several different colors in my Etsy shop. It is such a lovely trim and has a multitude of uses. This is NOT your Grandmother's Ric Rac. LOL.


I used the White on Gayle's block and used blue silk thread and silver metallic thread, as well as blue bugle beads and  lovely little (ok, they are tiny) silver daisy spacer beads and size 15/0 white seed beads. 

This may be a technique you would like to try sometime in the future.  You can find my shop at: 

http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewvictoriancrazy

I'll have Gayle's block finished early next week and I'll post it here for those of you that are interested in seeing the finished block. So far, I'm very pleased with it and rather wishing it was my block. LOL.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment