Thursday, December 11, 2014

CQI Retreat - Steampunk Round Robin Blocks

While at the September 2014, CQI Retreat in Kansas City, several Round Robing groups were formed by the attending Ladies, that wanted to participate in with New Friends.

I chose the Steampunk Round Robin, and we Started on November 15th, 2014, with a short break for the Holiday Season.  I thought I would share the "naked blocks" I made for the RR.

I used a pinkish brown fabric and Lace, as well as Lavender, Light Gray, Dark Gray, Dark Brown and a Golden Cream fabrics for the blocks.  Liking the combinations laid out, I went for it and I like the results. 

Here is the Lot:


They are now in the capable hands of Lonna H. Will be interesting to see the results when the blocks return home in 6 months.

4 comments:

  1. Ooo... so pretty! Can't wait to see how they turn out! Fabulous colours for Steampunk :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blocks...colors and sheen are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies. I didn't want to go too dark and foreboding. I'm leaning a little more toward the Victorian side of the Steampunk. :-)

    ReplyDelete