We started a Round Robin in January 2012 with 14 participants. Each participant made a block for each individual in the RR. Yes, I made 14 CQ blocks for this RR. Each month, the blocks are passed to another person in the RR and they complete the entire block.
So far, I have finished and turned in the following blocks:
My Example block for my packet of blocks. Each a different mermaid.
I added the Shibori Ribbon as fins and tail.
Lisa wanted hidden gardens. So, I did a bunny hiding under the flowers eating lettuce, while sitting in the strawberry patch. Lisa asked that we hide our name on the block. My name is in the strawberries.
OK! I'll give you a closer look.
Jackie wanted a block built around the ribbon flowers she made for the center. So, I added some leaves to the roses, placed them in the center and then let my imagination run with what I thought Jackie would like to have on her block.
Next was Hazel. She is new and had lots of Velvet. So guess what her block was made of. Yep! All velvet. Oh I struggled with this fabric.
However, she wants to combine her blocks into a lap quilt, so that she can enjoy it's warmth while stitching durning the winter months. My thought was to give her a garden to enjoy each winter.
The way the block was pieced made me think of two planters on a patio. Ta da! I enjoyed working on this block (even with all the velvet). LOL! Topiaries are made from #5 perle varigated cotton. The bench is satin Rat Tail and the patio stones are oval beads. Hazel says she's going to frame it. I'm glad she likes it.
I did not get a pictur of Victoria's finished block, but I have one while I was working on the block. Victoria wanted a block about hot air balloons. It made me think of the balloons in the Phenix AZ. I found a cabochon for the character of the balloon, and it just went from there.
I'll post a picture of the final block next month after our CQ meeting.
This last month I have been working on Gwen's block. She chose one of my favorite projects, under the sea. The fabric in the center was a batik with a fish print, so I embellished the fish with satin stitch and french knots. She also wanted different stitching on the seams, so I pulled out a book and gave her the following: Lower Right - pearl stitch on seam, Back stitch spider web
Lower Left - Interlaced Band stitch in white/pink/blue threads
Above the fish print - A beaded Hedebo Edge (I thought it looked like waves)
Upper Left - Herringbone Ladder Filling stitch
Upper Right - Deerfield Herringbone stitch
Here's a closer look at the center of the block and the sea floor.
Well, that finished up for today. Hope everyone enjoyed the eye candy. Stay safe!