Tuesday, September 18, 2012

I'm playing "catch up" now. I finished the Color Theory Class a little early, as I'm trying to get back to the Round Robin that my CQ Group is working on.  And I'm running a little behind. LOL!

The last couple of classes were interesting and I had a wonderful time. The last class was one that really intregued me.

Start with a picture:   Ok, I started with a picture of a garden pond and chose the fabrics for a block background. Then added threads and beads to the combination for a CQ Block.  I like the combinations.



Make do with what you have:  You know how you start something and you don't like it. Well, my first choice on this one was a pink block I made for another project, but since I'm not a fan of pink, I put aside and didn't use the block.  Big surprise here! I didn't use it for this either. I picked up that pink block and then said, "No. I can't get inspired with this thing".

So, I pulled a piece of fabric I had left from a finished project and was inspired by the purples and oranges.  This is what I came up with to make another block.

 
I really like this combination. I've not worked with this color combo before, and I think I'm going to enjoy the process of puting this project together. But, for now. The Round Robin.

I have printed out these pictures, dated them and put them in my Idea Jar.  Ok, it's a huge vase that sits on my desk!  However, I use it to keep me on track with my projects. When I finish one, I go to the jar and put the ideas in date order and pull the next project. LOL!

Hey! It keeps me going. But yeah, the jar never gets empty. I've got some great ideas in that jar. 

Got to get back to the RR. Working on Anne's block. Will post picture when I have it finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment