Sunday, December 9, 2012


Today I finished up two sides of the purse I’m making for my Uncle’s friend’s daughter. LOL! A lot of people involved.

I’m trying to keep it pretty simple, as it is for a child. And although it does have beading, she is a responsible little girl and takes pride in her treasures, which is what I hope this will be for her.

A lot of French Knots make up the flowers in her apron/skirt and in the tree to the left, just a hint of flowers.  Some variegated Glorianna (Princess Perle Petit) silk thread in the Creation stitch on the ric rac with size 11 seed beads.  I decided to add some silk ribbon flowers to a fan charm and I think it works well.

 

On the second side of the purse, I decided to follow the interest of the little girl in the photo. I added a butterfly charm to the flowers on the fabric and then added the spider for luck, since they are both insects. Using 2mm silk ribbon, I put a little cumber bun and bow on the print.  Finally, a strip of ric rac with the same Glorianna silk thread as on the first purse side, and added some metallic pink Mill Hill beads.
 
 

I’m pretty happy with the way this is going. Hope you do as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment